A bridge along the trail from Sonogno to Lavertezzo | © Bielo into the Wild
Parking and public transport
Sonogno is situated at the end of the road called “Via Valle Verzasca” (Verzasca Valley Road).
There are two ways you can get there:
- by bus number 321 that goes from Locarno;
- by car: from Gordola take road 13 and then follow the direction “Valle Verzasca”.
good to know:
Some additional information about the bus line 321:
- Check the updated bus timetable in advance. You can check it here by typing “62.321” in the search box. We didn’t do it and had to wait 1.5 h to get back to our car after the hike 🙂
- The price of one ticket for zones 325-326 (from Sonogno to Lavertezzo) is CHF 4.60 / EUR 4.50 and is valid two hours from time of purchase.
If you go by car, there are two parking options:
- parking of Sonogno: in this case, once you reach Lavertezzo, you will need to take bus 321 to go back to the parking place.
- parking of Lavertezzo (option one, two or three): take bus 321 to reach the starting point of the trail.
In October 2020, the tariffs were the following (prices below are listed in Swiss francs, but euros are also accepted):
- standard (min. 40 min): CHF 1.50/h*
- parkingcard (1 day, 8:00 – 19:00): CHF 10.00
- trekking (hiking): CHF 10.00 for the 1st day, CHF 4.00 from 2nd to 7th day (for each day)
*The exchange rate CHF/EUR at the time of writing this article (in 2020) is nearly 1:1.
The trail from Sonogno to Lavertezzo
Whatever transportation option you decide to choose, you will start your hike from the parking area of Sonogno. Yes, the bus from Lavertezzo will also take you there.
Once you’ve left the parking, turn right and you will find the yellow indications towards “Sentierone V. Verzasca”, “Lavertezzo” and “74” (the trail number). This is the trail you need to follow.